Help us plan how to fight modern slavery in New South Wales
Between 1,500 and 15,000 people are estimated to be in modern slavery in Australia. There are 50 million people estimated to be in modern slavery worldwide. Australian businesses may also be connected to people in modern slavery in Australia or overseas.
New South Wales is the first Australian jurisdiction with an Anti-slavery Commissioner. The Commissioner is required to develop a strategic plan to support efforts to combat modern slavery. This requires understanding where modern slavery risks exist in New South Wales. It also requires understanding where our responses are working well, and where they could work better.
Have Your Say
We are looking for input from anyone with views on modern slavery in New South Wales and how we can best fight it.
What do you want anti-slavery action in New South Wales to look like at the end of 2025? How do we get there?
Complete a survey, share your story or send us a more formal written submission. You can participate in as many ways as you choose.
Your feedback will help us develop the NSW Anti-slavery Commissioner’s Strategic Plan 2023-2025.
This survey is now closed.
In an emergency (if someone is in immediate danger) – call Triple Zero (000).
To make a report or get immediate assistance with modern slavery – call the Australian Federal Police on 131 237 (131 AFP).
For further support, contact:
- Anti-Slavery Australia (free and confidential legal advice and support) – call +61 2 9514 8115 – email ASALegal@uts.edu.au
- Domus 8.7 (advisory service on remedy pathways for individuals and organisations affected by modern slavery) – email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Freedom Hub (survivor school) - call 1800 373348 / 1800FREEHUB – email email@example.com
- My Blue Sky (help relating to forced marriage) – call +61 2 9514 8115 – SMS text +61 481 070 844 - email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Red Cross (Support for Trafficked People program) - +61 3 9345 1800 – or email email@example.com
- Salvation Army (Safe House) – call 1300 473 560 - email firstname.lastname@example.org
Should we be doing more in NSW to fight modern slavery?
This poll has concluded.