Industry experts appointed to NSW AI Advisory Committee
Eleven industry experts have been appointed as inaugural members of the NSW Artificial Intelligence (AI) Advisory Committee and will play a leading role on how AI is used in NSW. In addition to the core members, experts with knowledge in a particular area may also be invited to contribute.
The panel will use their extensive and varied experience to provide ongoing strategic advice on the use of AI to assist in decision-making and improving service delivery across the NSW Government.
The Committee members are:
- Theresa Anderson: Data and AI Ethicist, Research fellow at the School of Illinois, Member of International Council Committee on Data (CODATA), Sydney Ambassador for Women in Data Science Network
- Fang Chen: Executive Director Data Science/Distinguished Professor at UTS, Sydney
- Lee Hickin: National Technology Officer at Microsoft Australia
- Aurelie Jacquet: Chief Legal and Data Ethics Officer at Innovations Accelerated, Chair of the committee representing Australia at the International standard on AI (AI ISO) ·
- Peter Leonard: Principal at Data Synergies, Professor of Practice at UNSW Business School, Chair of the Australian IoT (Internet of Things) Alliance’s Data work stream, Chair of the Law Society of New South Wales Privacy and Data Committee, and the Australian Computer Society’s Artificial Intelligence and Ethics Technical Committee
- Maria Milosavljevic: Inaugural Chief Data Officer for Services Australia
- Dr Ian Oppermann: NSW Chief Data Scientist
- Edward Santow: Human Rights Commissioner at the Australian Human Rights Commission
- William (Bill) Simpson Young: Co-founder and Chief Executive of Gradient Institute ·
- Neil Soderlund: Chief Executive of Quantium Health & Government ·
- Martin Stewart-Weeks: Principal, Public Purpose Pty Ltd.